My client, a global pharmaceutical company have a new opportunity for a Medical Advisor/Medical Science Liaison.
The Medical Advisor (MA)/Medical Science Liaison (MSL) demonstrates mastery and innovation in the ability to develop on-going professional relationships with national and regional healthcare opinion leaders and healthcare professionals to provide medical and scientific support in selected therapeutic areas. Within the agreed strategy, the MA/MSL educates healthcare professionals, internal colleagues (e.g., Medical, Marketing, and Sales), and decision makers in healthcare systems regarding therapeutic areas and related products and services. The MA/MSL identifies and establishes networks for most effective and efficient medical-scientific communication. The MA/MSL may also deputise for the Country Medical Affairs Manager Ireland as Local Safety Officer, Medical Information or Quality Manager.
• Based on pre-defined segmentation and profiling criteria, identifies, and maps qualified thought leaders and scientific networks on an international, national, and regional level
• Develop and execute an external stakeholder engagement plan in close collaboration and coordination with the respective cluster organization in Medical Affairs, Commercial and Market Access
• Builds rapport and maintains peer to peer relationships with key influencers at major academic institutions, hospitals, and scientific societies.
• Support speakers and key influencers in preparing and delivering presentations and scientific contributions upon request, e.g., accompanies to international and national congresses and scientific events.
• Ensures medical value messages on the products/areas of therapeutic interest are conveyed and advocacy for contributions to medical practice (products, studies, and services) is developed.
• Enhances company reputation in terms of medical and scientific expertise by engaging and discussing with thought leaders and key influencers on a high scientific level. Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information.
• Physician (preferred), pharmacist (preferred), PhD in biomedical sciences or similar.
• Experience working in a Medical Advisor/MSL role, clinical research, or similar role where there is strong evidence of gaining healthcare professional insight and providing medical input into brand strategy.
• Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new therapy areas and environments.
• Knowledge of the Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry.
• Knowledge of local and EU regulations e.g., GVP, GCP.
• Knowledge of clinical trial design and process.
• Experience in Oncology Disease Areas
• Innovative approaches to managing external customers and internal partners.
• Leading edge approaches to capturing customer insights.
• Previous experience of leading and managing teams.
• Knowledge of key markets research terms and modes of analysis
• Knowledge of pricing issues and experience of contribution to HTA dossiers