My client, a Agri-Food company is recruiting a Production Manager to be part of their team. This role is based in Co. Monaghan.
The Production Manager will be responsible for a mushroom production facility with a workforce of
c180 people and a production of 153MT weekly.
The Production Manager will be required to take full responsibility for:
The overall day to day running of the farm operations and site profitability;
Lead and direct the work of all employees on site; Oversee all aspects of company policy, production
methodology and site initiatives; Continuously improve the process / standards of the site and
implement changes as required.
· Overall responsibility for managing farms resources, ie: People, Houses (18 growing tunnels)
Equipment (physical security and maintenance).
· Must engender team work within farm and across site and drive performance in all areas but
with specific focus on: Yield, Pick rate, Product mix and quality, Costs.
· Responsible for agreeing production with the supply side of the business and following and
driving the daily performance of the farm to ensure that production targets and quality
parameters are met.
· Working with the Operations Manager, the Production manager is responsible for managing
the performance of people (including discipline)
· Identify recruitment needs-maintain sufficient staff levels in all departments on site
· Identify training needs and implementing- ensure that all staff receive sufficient training to
enable them to carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible
· Inputting into the budgetary process
· Health and safety responsibility.
· Must be able to cover for growing and harvesting managers and so must have basic knowledge
of mushroom growing and harvesting.
· Sign off all hours on a weekly basis for the wage department.
· Completion of all necessary paperwork relating to the Management role.
· Effective communication with QA Department, Trading Desk, Senior Grower & Supervisors.
· Responsible for the weekly profitability of the farm.
Experience and Qualifications
· Proven track record in either growing or people management, ideally will have element of both,
or demonstrate ability to develop both
· Fresh produce / food production / agricultural / horticultural background.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an
atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Ability to understand budgets, management accounts and product costings
Other Significant Role Requirements:
· Driving licence
· Valid Passport (no travel restrictions)
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail [email protected]